Pages

30 August 2009

Birthday Gift Book

A dear friend, who is a talented artist and is always making lovely things, recently had a birthday. For a while now I have been working too much (a boring mantra, for sure) and although my lettering gets better from all the practice, it's hard to find time to do fun and artistic things. So, since I received a beautiful handmade book for my birthday from her one year I wanted to reciprocate with a handmade gift. The cover was made using some paste paper that I painted. The project took longer than I had expected but it was fun finding the ribbons, sentiments and embellishments. Happy Birthday, Lisa!

2 comments:

Jane Farr said...

A pretty and delightful twist on the "flag" book. It will be a cherished gift to be sure!

Lisa Holtzman said...

I wish you all could see the book in person - it's beautiful. I love my book and our friendship! Thanks Xandra.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...