Pages

09 May 2010

A Place To Bark

My dear friend Renée Troy has organized a great group of mixed media artists to collaborate on a book, that she will be creating to be auctioned, the proceeds of which will go directly to A Place To Bark, a no kill foster and adoption shelter. It was an honour to be asked to participate, thank you, Renée!

Here is my contribution ... the background is a piece of my paste paper, and the text was written with a pointed pen and gouache. Panzer, a Doberman, was my friend's dog and a real love. It was great to be able to contribute to a worthy cause and, at the same time, create a small tribute to this sweet pooch.

Stay tuned for information on about purchasing a copy of the book when it is published, as it will be perfectly fabulous and one that you will want for yourself ... and best of all, 100% of the profits will go directly to A Place To Bark.


    

3 comments:

Martha Lever said...

I LOVE it, Xandra! Thanks for your comment and signing up for the book giveaway!!

Riki Schumacher said...

This is so beautiful. I just lost my puppy, so something like this would be amazing. Love it. Take care, Riki

Trish Taylor said...

Xandra This is so precious. We lost our doxie at the age of 17 and she certainly stole our hearts, too! Now, we have three more... Gone, gone gone! (Our hearts, that is!) Thanks for sharing! You are very impressive.. well, your work I, I mean. Happy Lettering!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...